Wednesday, June 27, 2007

THAT WAS FUN

Monday I did my first open mike night as a dad, and I had a lot of fun. Then last night I did my first improv show with On the Spot as a dad, and darned if that wasn't fun as well.

For some reason I was anxious about getting the first post-partem shows under my belt. I was worried that if they didn't go well, I'd be plagued by concerns that Clancy and Comedy would have a hard time co-existing. Now I am content that that is not the case. I'm confident I can come back to the stage without the rust becoming too paralyzing.

Still enjoying fathering too much to dive back into comedy full-time. But I'm now more willing to dip a toe in the water every so often with an eye towards full immersion down the line.

It's a gradual process.

What some refer to as "baby steps".