Saturday, May 12, 2007

RETIRING WITH CAKE

My unofficial official tentative not really but only in my mind retirement show is happening on Mother's Day at the Guerrilla Comedy Room at Calories West Island.

Sunday May 13th, 8:00 showtime, St. Jean exit off the 40 in a big honkin' complex with a Future Shop and a Chapters and stuff like that.

After this I'm going underground, waiting with anxious glee for the stork to do its dirty, dirty business. For this show I'll probably be trying lots of new stuff or recent new stuff and expect it to be a nice time. I've heard nothing but good things about the room (and they sell cake! comedy and sugar, why doesn't anyone else do that?).

All in all it's been a really fun career doing stand-up comedy but I won't miss it. Or at least, if I do, then I'll start doing it again. The red eyeballs will be from sleep deprivation. And they may look googly, repeat, googly.