Sunday, April 01, 2007

COCKJAWS, WHAT HAPPENED???

If Spencer, Uey, Cad or Maclean are reading this, I went through both floors of that cougar bar like, 3 times last night and couldn't find you guys!!! I'm really sorry I couldn't track you all down, 'cause I was very psyched to stumble down memory-lane. Please try to get a hold of me through david@davidpryde.com, 'cause I don't know how to reach any of you.

The above four gentlemen are fellow alumni from Trueman House, where I lived at Mount A University (on the illustrious floors of Top Center and First West). They showed up at the late show in Kingston last night, veritable blasts from the past, and it was very cool to hang out with them before the show. Brought back good memories. After the show they went to the bar across the street where I said I'd meet them in a few minutes. As they left I jokingly called out, "See you in another ten years, suckers!" I am sad that this turned out to be prophetic, as my few minutes became fifteen minutes, saying good-bye to folks in the club, and by the time I crossed the street I was unable to find anyone in the bar. We hadn't swapped cell phone numbers or nothin'. I felt like quite the April Fool.

Maybe I kept them waiting too long (I WASN'T DITCHING YOU, GUYS), or something else happened to them (Uey seemed particularly primed for mischief), but I was sad. A fun little conflence of events brought us together (three out of the four of them were just in town to hang out) and suddenly my evening was over before it got started.

Still, it was fun while it lasted, and they delivered easily the funnest heckling I've ever experienced (I wish all rowdies would wait 'til the last 30 seconds of the show).

In a way it was a typical Trueman night out for me, as it ended with me separated from the herd and generally bamboozled. The only differences being when I woke up I knew where I was and nothing was soiled.

Sincere thanks for coming out to the show, guys, and I'm sorry the reunion ended abruptly (for me). I truly hope it's less than ten years 'til we meet again.

mmmBOOSH,

d-hole