Sunday, May 06, 2007

CLOCK TICKING ON THE BOM

Last week I received a link to this year’s Mirror “Best of Montreal” (BOM) poll, and figured I may as well pass it on.

This is the first year I’ve been aware of the voting before the final tally came out (final deadline is midnight on May 11th).

Funnily enough, the “best stand-up comedian” entry is not in the “Arts” section but the “Nightlife” section. Apparently I’ve got more in common with a drag queen than a spoken word artist. Note to self: look into new wardrobe.

I also see that voters must weigh in on 25 categories, minimum. Which probably rules me out, ‘cause I don’t think I have that many opinions on anything, let alone one city. Indeed, I have become so insular of late, I can’t scrape up much opinion beyond “favorite pregnant girl”, “cuddliest dog”, “coziest dvd-viewing spot” and “best comic books not currently residing in my parents’ attic”. But that’s just me.

The rules also mention that suspicious entries will be rejected. On that basis I kindly suggest my dear friend and loyal fan virus@spamworm.y2k refrain from participating.

The rest of you, if you so desire, can find the poll here.

Beware of chads.