Monday, May 14, 2007

MOTHER OF ALL SEND-OFFS

On Mother's Day I got to perform my last child-less set (before I quasi-retire to take up nurturing full time) and it could not have been a more satisfying experience, if only to deliver some heart-felt "yo' mama" jokes. My thanks to all the guys who organize the Guerilla Comedy, which is held at the Calories Bistro in the West Island (Complexe Pointe Claire, the mall with Futrue Shop, Chapters, and other fine empires) every second Sunday at 8:00pm.

It's a cool room started by some comics and sustained by comics not to mention (based on last night) some nice audiences as well.

I hope people keep supporting the room. Not just customers, but comics, too. If any comedians around Montreal haven't jumped on yet, I encourage it. It's a fun stage to work and you'll be helping keep the show's talent pool fresh and bubbly.

That also goes for the Comedy Off the Main room every Wednesday night at Olivieria's, 213 Rachel Street East, at 9:30. Indie rooms like these help keep Montreal comedy a plucky little entity.

Thanks again to the Guerilla gang for a fun show. I will be telling my firstborn about it as soon as I cut that umbilical thingie attached to the beer gut.