Thursday, April 27, 2006

UP ALL NIGHT IN A PARKING LOT

Last night I was shooting a scene from a film called "Still Life" that looks to be a pretty funny story about an artist whose painting becomes famous after he is mistakenly believed to be dead. I have one little part where I walk on and say a line. It paid over $60 000.

It paid less than that, but it's still interesting to note the monetary value of one line on film versus a half hour or so of yammering at a live audience. Plus stand-up has no craft service (there were small oreos last night).

So why do stand-up?

I dunno. Anyway, I'm hosting tonight and Friday at the Comedyworks with Ryan Belleville, who is a very funny guy, then doing my cancer benefit in the West Island with Bowser and Blue, who are funny guys, and I will use the money I make from those shows to buy small oreos and sit in our driveway and continue to live the dream.