Thursday, July 20, 2006

FESTIVAL BREW-HAHA

After several warm-up type shows I finally did one of my "official" ones, kicking off Comedy Night in Canada last night. It was fun, and the other comics on the show are nice folks to hang with (Ryan, Alan, Kristeen, Mike, Angelo and Mark).

Of course, the main event was the inevitable delta shmooze, which in my case means "find people you know and chill". I did do a quick hit for XM radio as well as a brief interview on CHOM with Sharon Hyland, and then some banter with Al and Era on CJAD. On air with me were Scottish comic Fred MacAulay and Irish comic Ed Byrne. It's both intimidating and educational to do the banter thing with such seasoned pros, as they are definitely hard to keep up with as far as being relentlessly quick and funny. It was fun to do and at least I got a couple of lines in there, so what the hey.

Other celebrities of note included Colin Ferguson, but I have to say my personal favorite double-take of the night was seeing Michael Cera, the actor who plays young George Michael on Arrested Development, followed by Stephen Colbert's black friend, Alan.

Tonight I'm checking out some one-man shows, then back on stage Friday and Saturday.