Saturday, June 10, 2006

OPENING NIGHT!!!




Can't believe it's already here. The ludicrous fringe play whose promo picture I'm posting again just for the heck of it. I'm looking forward to it despite scary events leading up to it, including my inadvertantly destroying our main prop/special effect during tech rehearsal, or my breaking another prop during another rehearsal. Basically I'm a rather manic character in the play.

Still, the Never Surrender lip synch band remain undeterred by set-backs, maintaining a hard-and-fast "show must go on" attitude that knows no fear.

Best part: if I forget my lines, the (all-pre-recorded) script will just plow forward anyway, so no awkward pauses!

All in all I'm grateful for this fine opportunity to perform legitimate thee-ater. In light of the damage I did to our main prop, no one tell me to break a leg. Been there. Done that.

Very excited.